|Innate||When switched in, 100% dodge for one turn|
|Attacks||Two-sword Slash, Psycho Crusher, Ghostly Touch, Le Chuck's Curse|
Ranec was once struck down and made more powerful than you could possibly imagine, but he won't easily suffer the same fate again.
Equippable Items Edit
Pirates' Items Edit
- Ornamental Egg: Affects only Ghostly Touch and Two-Sword Slash since his other moves have a 100% proc. Generally a bad choice.
- Navigator's Sextant: Great on Ranec, makes Psycho Crusher less of a risky choice, and can let Ranec finish an opponent with his quick Two-sword Slash.
- Captain's Grog Mug: Extends his lifespan a little bit, slightly compensating for poor resistances.
- Cursed Dabloons: Turns him into an energy gamer which he has the option to do due to Ghostly Touch.
- Polished Spyglass: Most of his attacks are fairly accurate already, mediocre choice.
General Items Edit
- General's Insignia: Bad for Ranec, because it does not affect his Two-sword Slash, which he will be using often.
- Girdle of Iron Will: Most of his attacks are too fast to be interrupted so only use if you fear critical hits and stuns. There are probably better options.
- Healing Salve: Playstyle dependent.
- Stoneheel Totem: Against a far-only character, this works well with Psycho Crusher to ensure a large energy advantage.
- Yellow Rock of Cowards: Nothing special, use if it suits your style.
- Mindreader's Chalice: Nothing special, use if it suits your style.
Although Ranec can potentially be used as an opener, it is better to keep him on bench in order to make a better use of his innate since his innate does not trigger if he starts the game (he is already in play rather than ENTERS play). He can be switched in at far to trap enemies with Psycho Crusher (Navigator's Sextant is useful), or at close against enemies with low physical resistance. He is not particularly good against tanks.
- Can change range to close with Psycho at speed 6, thus avoiding slow power attacks such as Power Toss, Higashi's Chi Blast or Trueshot
- His innate works well against players with physical attacks.
- Ranec has a large range of attack varied options
- Le Chuck's Curse opens up a number of strategic options.
- Close-range combat
- Very poor resistances.
- No light resistance
- Innate only lasts one turn.
- Long-range combat
- Two-sword Slash does low damage to high resistance enemies, meaning Ghostly Touch becomes the main damage dealer.
Known bugs Edit
- Possible reference to Cervantes, the ghost pirate from Soul Calibur, who uses the same weapons shown on Ranec Vest (Ranec Vest is an anagram of Cervantes).
- His Psycho Crusher move is a reference to M. Bison's move from Street Fighter, and LeChuck's curse is a reference to Tales of Monkey Island.