|Effect||50% to prevent enemy from switching, then breaks|
Navigator's Sextant is a Pirate item which has a 50% chance to prevent the enemy from switching out. This items breaks after use (the Sextant must successfully prevent the enemy from switching out - if switching out is instead successful, the Sextant remains equipped). Experienced players may try to switch out earlier in order to try and break this before they are forced into worse situations.
If you intercept an opponents attempted switch out, the Sextant will not check for a proc. Opponents who dodge your intercept attempt (Rumi, Yoshi, Flash Powder equiped Martial Artiss) can still be stopped by a Sextant proc.
- Auger Blackboot - A good option; gives you a better shot at landing an Aimed Pistol.
- Ranec Vest - Great on Ranec, makes Psycho Crusher less of a risky choice, and can let Ranec finish an opponent with his quick Two-sword Slash.
- Darla Cross - Makes Parrot Torpedo and Parrot Pilfer a little bit safer to carry out. (It is also nice when the sextant breaks, and you replace it with a stolen item.)
- Balthazar Bomb-britches- Makes Fire Cannon less risky. Good choice. However, consider that good players may switch out beforehand in an attempt to destroy the item.
- Starbuck - A good option; gives you a better shot at landing a high-damage attack since many people choose to switch out at close range.