|Innate||Balthazar cannot be stunned.|
|Attacks||Load Cannon, Fire Cannon, Shot-put, Drop Kick|
A philosopher once said, "Cannons are designed to hurt." Opponents would be foolish to allow Balthazar to load and fire his favorite toy.
- Ornamental Egg: Make Shot-put a 45% stun move. OK choice.
- Navigator's Sextant: Make Fire Cannon less risky. Good choice. However consider that good players may switch out beforehand in an attempt to destroy the item.
- Captain's Grog Mug: Because of Balthazar's high health (at 85, highest out of all the Pirates) and fair defences, this item can be very useful. Below 30% is 25 Health or less. Keep in mind that experienced players can just work around the mug by using a more powerful hit, in order to kill him without triggering Grog.
- Cursed Dabloons: Works good on a monoranger with a range-change attack. Good choice.
- Polished Spyglass: All his moves already have high hit rates. On the other hand, this lets him hit dodging characters like Popo, Tafari, and Ranec, and compensates for his reliance on only Physical moves and turns a bad matchup into a good one.
- General's Insignia: All his moves are single-hit moves, so it seems like a good choice at first sight, but Fire Cannon really doesn't need a 4 point buff. It does turn Shot-put into an amazingly efficient move however, and makes Drop-Kick somewhat bearable apart from resetting to far range.
- Girdle of Iron Will: Bad choice, because he is already immue to stun, and because his main attack is already at speed 10 and hence cannot be interrupted.
- Healing Salve: Balt is not bad for tanking, but, most of the time, the Captain's Grog Mug will prove more useful.
- Stoneheel Totem: Good choice on a monoranger.
- Yellow Rock of Cowards: OK choice, because opponents often like to switch when you have the cannon loaded.
- Mindreader's Chalice: Good choice, because it threatens the deadliest 50/50 guessing game when you have the cannon loaded at far, and the restore to full energy would let you push far again, readying another Fire Cannon or Intercept.
Cannon can be loaded more than once (unlike Tafari's Hide/Ambush), and will last even if you switch out. Try and fire cannon only if they can't switch characters (because they've just switched, or are stunned from Shot-put). Navigator's Sextant will help. At range and at full energy, you can push for range and then fire cannon (only 50 Energy).
- Immune to stuns
- Has a cheap stun move.
- Drop Kick is cheap, and interrupts many slow close-range moves.
- Fire Cannon can be done after range change and it can do splash damage
- Close-range combat
- Bad against characters with decent physical resistance since he has only physical moves.
- Vulnerable to characters with dodge abilities.
- Not very effective against Popo or Tafari
Known bugs Edit